Wireless for the commercial real estate professional.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information
- Privacy Options
- Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
- Collection of Information by Third-Parties
- Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
- Our Commitment to Security
- Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Special Note for Parents
- How to Contact Us
The Information We CollectThrough the Services, you can, among other activities, order publications and products; engage in various activities like entering contests or sweepstakes, playing games, taking quizzes, voting in polls or otherwise expressing an opinion; subscribe to one of our services, such as newsletters; or participate in one of our online forums or communities. We collect the information, including any personally identifiable information, that you provide to us in the course of using the Services. The types of information that may be collected through these Services include, but are not limited to: name, address, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit or debit card information. We may also collect information about your personal or professional interests and your use of, or opinions about, various products, programs and services. For instance, we may ask you to identify your job or industry to qualify you for free business magazines. Through some features of the Services and through certain promotions, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name, mailing and/or e-mail address to send a gift or electronic greeting card. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people at these pages include: recipient's name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. We, our partners, advertisers, advertising networks or other third party service providers, as explained further in the "Collection of Information by Third-Parties" section below, may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages, open our emails, use our applications, or otherwise use the Services, including such information as the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your Internet or wireless service provider, location-based information , and the content and advertisements you have interacted with, viewed, or accessed. This data may be combined and linked with data from other sources. back to top
- We may use the information you provide about yourself or others to fulfill requests for our publications, products or services, to respond to inquiries about offerings and to offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest.
- We may combine information we receive with outside records and share such information with third parties for use on our behalf to enhance our ability to market to you those products or services that may be of interest to you.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information that we receive from you and from third party sources to third parties whose practices are not covered by this privacy statement (e.g., other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and non-profit organizations) that want to market products or services to you.
- When you request a magazine, service, or other product, we will forward the information you give us to the publisher or provider to the extent necessary to fulfill your request. They may contact you with special offers of possible interest.
- We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our contests or sweepstakes, when we make changes to subscriber agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you about your account.
- The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services.
- We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our publications and websites, and to enable us to customize your Internet experience. We also may use this information to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
- We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
- Please note that if Fifth Gen Media or any of its subsidiaries or lines of business is merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger of, consolidation, sale or divestiture of assets, the relevant customer database, including personally identifiable information we may possess about you, may, in whole or in part, be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
Privacy OptionsIf you prefer not to receive traditional mail or other off-line promotions from this or any other Fifth Gen Media . property, or if you want to opt-out of any sharing of your personally identifiable offline information with third parties not owned by Fifth gen Media, please click here. If you prefer not to receive e-mail marketing from this or any other Fifth Gen Media . property, or if you want to opt-out of any sharing of your email address with third parties not owned by Fifth Gen Media ., please Contact us We will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses. back to top
Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California CustomersCalifornia's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. (Note: Fifth Gen Media . sites do not recognize the "do not track signals" that some browsers may employ.) As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes offline please contact us, or for email please click here. To find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us as described in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
- Local Shared Objects: Local shared objects, such as .Flash cookies,. also may be stored on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, see https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
- HTML 5: HTML5, the language some Web sites are coded in, may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Service usage activities. This information may be retrieved by us to help us manage our Services, such as by giving us information about how our Services are being used by our visitors, how they can be improved, and to customize them for our users.
- Cache Cookies: Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited a Service or Services in the past.