JMA Wireless TEKO DAS Now Includes New Software Modularity and Graphical KPI Tools
Radically shifts deployment costs and gives operators rich visibility into network performance remotely
San Francisco, CA, September 11, 2017 [Mobile World Congress Americas] — JMA Wireless, a global leader of wireless communications solutions, once again unveils new market shifting technologies for its industry-leading TEKO DAS (distributed antenna system) platform. Two of these recent additions include the markets first software defined remote unit (SDRU) and graphical KPI network performance tools. The SDRU technology enables from a central location phased deployments of new spectrum bands and power levels at sites. This is made possible with operations tools; thereby, eliminating the costs associated with physically visiting venues and installing additional hardware. The latest in KPI tools provides operations teams in-depth visibility into the performance being achieved onsite.
We continually introduce new ways to reduce equipment costs and streamline operations to deliver quality network performance in venues, declared Todd Landry, Corporate Vice President of Product and Market Strategy. The new SDRUs provide significant cost savings, eliminating the need to visit sites and add additional hardware that can result in tens of thousands of dollars for a single venue.
Poor performance or worse, downtime, are critical issues for venue owners and operators because it translates into a poor experience for tenants. The new KPI tools provide an unprecedented level of visibility into site performance and easy reports that allow operations teams to stay on top of what is happening. This capability is enabled as part of the JMA Wireless Multiband Spectrum Analyzer, a solution that already provides the most integrated monitoring of any in-building wireless system in the industry, and with a simple upgrade, users now can experience extremely comprehensive KPI tools.
Visibility to site performance and the ability to address it promptly is a top issue for mobile operators who are delivering venue service with a DAS. This opens the door to key KPIs that help them ensure smooth operation of the system, said Landry.
Highlights of the new Software Defined Remote Unit include:
- Fully Integrated Solution – Eliminates multiple points of failure while easily maintaining the integrity of its IP66/NEMA-4X rating. There is never a need to open the SDRU when adding new carriers and/or bands; therefore, it is not exposed to elements such as rain, snow or humidity, which can cause condensation and ultimately become a point of failure.
- Operational Efficiency – Due to onsite visibility of all SDRUs, expansion is now possible from a remote operations center. Current power classes and enabled bands even are visible remotely. An encrypted key method allows new configurations to empower the units with new features all from a remote site. Updates are deployed without creating downtime and no site truck rolls, additional cabling, or onsite personnel are necessary.
- Flexibility – The SDRU comes with any two selectable frequency bands, but four additional bands can be licensed at any time. Also, they are available in two power classes. One watt remote units and 10 watt remote units can be upgraded to 2 watts and 20 watts, respectively.
- Cost Savings – This innovative approach enables site operations teams to benefit from cost savings of up to 50 percent when compared to fixed configurations. Neutral hosts and integrators can start with one operator at a site and add more carriers over time, enabling a more streamlined cost flow when it comes to deployments.
- Backward Compatibility – The SDRU offers backwards compatibility because it can be utilized with the current TEKO DAS. Furthermore, it can be added to any existing system, allowing a solution to mix and match existing remote units with the newer SDRUs as needed.
- Excellent RF Performance – The SDRU offers excellent RF performance with an EVM of less than one percent, guaranteeing that the system will be ready for 256 QAM LTE modulation, which enables more capacity for mobile users.
Highlights of the new Multiband Spectrum Analyzer KPI tools include:
- Remote Performance Monitoring – System performance can be monitored remotely in real-time, ensuring necessary adjustments are made to optimize the QoS (quality of service) in venues. The tool provides remote visibility using high-level graphical meters illustrating UL and DL performance as well as details such as channel power, noise floor, RSSI, RSRP, RSRQ reference signal measurements, and EVM performance.
- KPI Alarming – Users can define alarm thresholds to ensure the network is always operating at peak performance. With the enhanced alarm dashboard, alarm count can be viewed by port number, time, sector and frequency band. A comprehensive history log containing up to one month of data can help with troubleshooting efforts.
- Performance Reports – New reporting capabilities provide an easy way to assess ongoing system KPIs, empowering proactive maintenance of the network. Users can customize reports for specific events or configurations including down to any channel and/or port. For ease of use, reports can be automatically generated daily / weekly, exported or received via email.
This newest version of the TEKO DAS, along with the C-DAS (centralized DAS) and E-DAS (enterprise DAS) iterations, as well as other accompanying solutions will be on display in the JMA Wireless booth (South Hall, S.930) at Mobile World Congress Americas (September 12-14, Moscone Center). Further information is available on the JMA Wireless website at jmawireless.com.
About JMA Wireless
JMA Wireless is the leading global innovator in mobile wireless connectivity solutions that ensure infrastructure reliability, streamline service operations, and maximize wireless performance. Employing powerful, patented innovations, their solutions portfolio is proven to lower the cost of operations while ensuring lifetime quality levels in equipment and unrivaled performance for coverage and high-speed mobile data. JMA Wireless solutions cover macro infrastructure, outdoor and indoor distributed antenna systems and small cell solutions. JMA Wireless corporate headquarters are located in Liverpool, NY with manufacturing, R&D, and sales operations in over 20 locations worldwide. For more information, see jmawireless.com or follow us on Twitter @JMAwireless.
For further information contact:
� 2017 JMA Wireless. All rights reserved. All trademarks identified by � or ” are registered trademarks of their respective owners.